I hadn't even given much thought to the whole planning menus for this week due to the family being sick, but now that they are all mostly well again, I guess it's time to get back to the planning.
I have lots of chicken and lots of frozen sandwich meat as well, so I think this week may be heavy with chicken as the main dish.
- Monday - homemade chicken noodle soup - made with chicken hindquarters and using the bones to create the stock, homemade egg noodles, chopped carrots and celery. Yum! I will also bake some bread to go along with this meal.
- Tuesday - kids will be at Grandma's house for dinner and Hubby and I will probably have leftovers or sandwiches
- Wednesday - chicken enchiladas with beans and rice
- Thursday - white lasagna, with alfredo sauce instead of a tomato based sauce, broccoli and other greens and chicken. I will bake some super yummy parmesan oregano bread to go with this. Sounds so fantastic! (I will make this on Monday when I make the bread to go along with our chicken noodle soup.)
- Friday - chicken stirfry, with fried rice and mixed veggies
- Saturday - homemade pizza / kids' choice
- Sunday - roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (this is the day that we have company over as well)
ALSO - please consider making a donation and sponsoring my boys by clicking on the links under my banner above. They would really appreciate it!