Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Accountability...



I have really dropped the ball on my accountability postings. Part of it was that I had been very limited in the amount of posting time available to me, and the other part of it is that I dropped the ball on some of the goals that I had been working on.

I think that sometimes I get so caught up in various things going on in life that I somehow neglect making changes or keeping changes because I tend to get tunnel vision and can only focus on one thing at a time.

So, instead of having a new goal each week, I plan to do a new goal every two weeks or a month, and then blog about it weekly, keeping track of how I am actually doing and continue with this goal until I actually don't even have to think about doing it. I think I was starting to overload and overwhelm myself - so we will be starting back at the beginning - with step one - again. I want to read a Bible story every day, but since I am going to be doing this differently now, I think the one other part of this that I want to do is to spend that half hour or so reading that Bible story to my kids at bedtime. I mean, how much more wonderful could it get?

That is what I want to do. So - beginning tonight - I am going to start over with the Bible reading - and read to my kids at their bedtime. I also plan to record anything memorable that happens while I'm doing this - maybe the kids won't say anything and maybe there won't be a conversation about the scripture story, but I want to share this goal with them as well, and I think that the broken down stories is the way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment