Saturday, February 20, 2010

Save the Planet Saturday

Okay, so I was reading Katie's post here and I commented on it as well. Much of what I am going to post I actually posted as a comment on her post already, but I have a little bit more I want to elaborate on, so bear with me.

First off, this is so true and quite honestly, there are a number of things that we rarely use that are drawing energy constantly. I plan to go through our house and do up an inventory tomorrow (aka later today - just that I haven't been to bed yet, so I'm still on Friday night even though it's Saturday morning) and I will be unplugging those items that we do not use very often.

Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking...two TVs, two DVD players, a few game consoles (yes, I remember the post a few weeks back - but that was about turning the system itself off), my chargers, our desktop computer (probably a HUGE energy sucker!) And for that fact, probably our washer and dryer could be unplugged when not in use too. Hmmm....I've got some major thinking and planning to do. I may have to go out and buy some power strips as well - it would save me more money than it would cost me in the long run! Thanks Katie!

So tomorrow (once again, actually later today) I plan to go through our house and I will report back as an update on this post here so that you all can see how many things I was able to unplug. I am really excited about this. Probably way more excited than I really should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment