Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tackle Part Duex


Okay, so I didn't get anything on my list done that I had planned on with the exception of some laundry and work. I totally forgot when I posted my list that I had scheduled two parent-teacher conferences for today. Both of which I attended - and both of which went really well. The only part of it that went maybe not-so-well was when Boy A's teachers told me that he really needed to work on getting his homework assignments turned in. Apparently, since I have started working, his assignments have not been making it to school - and some of them aren't even making it home at night either. So, I need to set up a better system - with his help, of course - to make sure that he is being responsible for his own assignments, getting them done and turned in on time.

Also, his regular math teacher (who is actually the computer teacher who happened to be teaching third grade math as well) is on leave right now due to health concerns. So, she has a long-term sub filling in - Mrs. I. I took the time to meet with Mrs. I today and to talk to her about Boy A. She and I talked for a bit about Boy A and different things related to his learning style, her teaching style, etc. Once she found out that I have taught in that particular classroom, she opened up quite a bit more and expressed concerns over getting the kids to listen etc. So I offered to come in on Fridays (my day off from work) to help her out - give her some time to re-teach or for her to teach and for me to re-teach, help out with classroom management and things like that. I love love love working in the classroom and I am once again tempted about seeing about getting a job through our school system as a para-educator.

So, anyhow, beginning this Friday, I will be helping out in third grade math once again and I am so excited for this opportunity to help her out, work with the students and to just be there with the kids in the classroom. So much fun and so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment