Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tackle It Tuesday

This week my tackle was going to be the area under the stairs where we store our Christmas tree and related items so that I could get it all put away, but then life happened, it snowed, my commute was twice then three times the amount that it usually is, I got snowed in at work for a bit until the highways were somewhat passable... So the project under the stairs still has not gotten done. However, I did clear out an area in our bedroom that had given way to chaos. It's an odd-shaped. There is a wall that houses pipes and vents and such, I believe. Not really sure because it's blocked from the bottom. But there is an area underneath it where there is some storage space available. So, I pulled everything out from that area, put our Christmas totes in there (4 of them to be exact - still need to locate the lid for one of them though), put our desktop computer back in that area in the front of it, until it goes out to it's new home, on a desk that will be in the den once the desk gets moved back into the house from our garage. Ahem. One step at a time, please. Same thing with our television that we did have in our room. It is stored in the front of a tote as well - one of our file totes, where we store important papers. The television will go out to the den as well, once we get another piece of furniture in there to put it on. I also found some of the kids' smaller toys that all fit into a small tote, which I sent up with the kids to be put into their rooms. I also threw out some toys that I didn't want around anymore. Ones that were broken, had missing pieces, or just hadn't been played with. I also came across some storage shelves and put them next to the chair that Hubby put back into our room. I cleared off the shelves and have them ready to go for storage items. Not sure what I want to store on them, but they are ready to go. Our room is now probably about 20% neat and organized. It will be more, but I'm taking it a bit at a time, as I am able to get it done. Hope to continue working on it this week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment