Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time For Me Thursday

Can I just say how much I have been looking forward to this day? I mean, seriously - it is a day that I get to spend time on me! The question is, what are my plans for myself for today? I will share that with you, since you so nicely asked, or since you're still reading, whichever may be the case.

I have some things that I need to get done. I need to do some massive laundry tackling today, I need to get the house in order while the kids are at school, I need to unload some non-perishable foods that are still in the van from our grocery trip the other night when I was too tired to bring them in when we got back home. (It was a long day, believe me!) and all of those things are good and well, but not really "time for me". So in addition to all of those other things, I am going to finally get my bedroom in order too!

I have to admit, there are not many huge things to do in this room, just a lot of small things, like clear off the dresser, clear off the chest of drawers, give my Hubby the use of his nightstand again, move some things out of our room, break down a card table that has been living in our bedroom for who knows how long, clear off my chair in there and the shelves I have next to them.

This doesn't sound like "time for me"? Well, you are right, but this is a means to an end. That end being my "time for me" plan, which is to kick back in the chair and enjoy the freshly decluttered room, maybe even make myself some (instant) cappuccino and drink that while I blog or surf the net or whatever. Maybe Hubby and I would even be able to relax and enjoy a game of Backgammon while we're at it. Or Rummy. We always used to play Rummy after the kids went to bed, but before we turned in for the night ourselves. And lately, we started doing that again here and there. We enjoy it and it is some special time just for us. Kind of like a mini-date for us in our own house.

So that is my "Time For Me Thursday". You should take time for yourself too! What are YOU going to do for YOURSELF today?

No comments:

Post a Comment